One of the year’s most anticipated Blu-ray releases just got a little more cooler. The deal is, Scream Factory’s release of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut Limited Edition 3-Disc Set ($79.97), which will be released on Oct. 28, 2014, is now a 10,000 unit run – a good 9k more than the originally announced 1,000 unit run.
Regarding the increase, Scream Factory reported on their Facebook page…
Hello all! We have some news today regarding our Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut (Limited Edition) release that we hope will make many of you happy.
To say that we were caught by surprise over the frenzied demand for it would be an understatement. Preorders across the board went so quick that we almost had to post soon that we were sold out of the original 5,000 units. We sensed your concerns that would happen too.
We want to give as many fans of Clive Barker’s exceptional film the opportunity to purchase the set and so we went back to Warner Bros (since they have the rights to theatrical cut) and explained the situation. They graciously understood and so we can now officially tell you that we have expanded the number of units for the Limited Edition set to 10,000 total–which will all be numbered. Once they are sold out though, that will be it.
We are taking pre-orders again on our site at http://www.shoutfactory.com/product/nightbreed-directors-cut-deluxe-edition and they should also be available soon to pre-order on other fine online retailers.
The limited edition set includes…
- For the first time on home video, you can experience Clive Barker’s original director’s cut of Nightbreed with over 40 minutes of new footage, all mastered in high definition from the original camera negative
- Disc 1: Unrated Director’s Cut of the film on Blu-ray
- Disc 2: The 1990 R-Rated theatrical version of the film on Blu-ray (through a special licensing agreement through Warner Bros.)
- Disc 3: Exclusive-to-this-set bonus Blu-ray disc packed with extras (details forthcoming)
- Collector’s Book with an essay and rare photos
- Slipcase includes newly designed artwork by Les Edwards and approved by Clive Barker
- Special offer: Order this limited-edition set directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive one of the first 3,000 numbered copies, an exclusive 18″x24″ poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork (available while supplies last)